So today marks a challenge that is going to be a few months in the making.
(sorry, I had to put down my fattie late night snack so I could type with both hands... obviously this challenge is much needed)
I am in dire need of tightening up my eating habits and getting back on track (which I'm finding to be an ongoing effort, and probably a natural ebb and flow of weight loss (especially if you have fattie tendencies... guilty). So here is the plan:
I'm going to lose 20 lbs by October and you're going to do it too... if you want... comma, backslash, if you need to. If you are 5 lbs below healthy weight please disregard this call to action and go eat a donut.
The goal is October because we aren't going to be crazy, just conscious... (also I plan on being a pixie stick for halloween and you don't see any curvy pixie sticks, unless they are soggy, but no one likes soggy pixie sticks.)
I have about 20 healthy lbs to lose and I'm giving myself over two months to do it so I can lose 2 lbs a week. Ultimately, I'm hoping I can lose 25 lbs before October, but I'm going to keep it real and lose at least 20. If you have 10 lbs to lose, then lose 10 lbs by October. If you are more than 75 lbs overweight, it would not be unrealistic (according to my findings by watching the biggest loser and extreme makeover: weightloss) to lose 30 lbs or more by October by following the same regiment I'm doing.
So let's start this. Today (or tomorrow if you're like me and need a last day to whatever the H you want before you start to make healthier choices)
This is NOT a diet... this is a jumpstart into what I SHOULD be eating always anyway.
I would also like to invite you to take a "before" pic today and jump on a scale to calculate your starting weight. As you go along if you would like to share things that are working, tricks you use, and stumbling blocks, feel free to leave a comment with your email address and you can write a post for me!! Everyone loses weight differently and my methods don't work for everyone so the more people that share their success the better off we ALL will be.
I'm going to be updating my progress and what I am doing frequently, so if you are falling off track and need a jump-off point hopefully it will help.
FOR TODAY:
1.) Weigh in. Figure out what your goal is for October and write it down.
2.) Tell someone. Keep yourself accountable (or tell the internet)
3.) Drink 5X more water than you did yesterday. (this might kill me)
4.) Write down your calories! Just do it.
My plan for today:
250 cal breakfast (granola (barely any), bran, yogurt (fit and light 80cal), flax)
200 cal lunch (pretzels and veggies)
100 cal snack (my TRICK OF THE DAY)
630 cal dinner (cafe rio. 1 chile relleno, no cheese, no tortilla, no sour cream, no happiness)
I have a short 30 minute work out planned because I don't want to do anything too hard if I'm already going to be a little hungry.
TRICK OF THE DAY:
I LOVE these freaking candies! And at 10 cals each, they satisfy my sweet tooth and leave me feeling a little bit like I just ate ice cream. (I found them at walmart).

I don't know if I can do the water thing... I have the smallest bladder in the history of bladders... Seriously!! 5 bathroom breaks during a movie b/c I had 3 refills of beverage during dinner... CRAP!!
ReplyDeleteHmm... good thing my desk is the closest to the bathroom!!
I'm on a real diet/health plan and feel so good losing weight to get to a healthier me. I HIGHLY recommend doing whatever is realistic and achievable as far as weight loss. You really will feel so much better after you start losing even a little bit.
ReplyDeleteAnd the water thing totally helps!!
Okay lady, so I am with you 100%. And I'm planning on running the Race for the Cure (which is a 5K) in November. Hopefully I can get rid of this baby weight. :/
ReplyDelete