Monday, January 13, 2014

90 Day Challenge : Spin Class

Sorry for the 3-day hiatus. Busy weekend.

There is a room at most gyms full of mystery to those who don't venture inside. A room that I used to only see fragments of as people would go in. I observed most people entering the room had gym bags... They had gym bags filled with secrets going into a dark room full of mystery. (Sometimes my imagination gets a little over zealous).

The spin room. I finally faced my irrational fears of spin and I faced them with no gym bag in hand. Not only did I survive, but I now have a serious LOVE for spin (and I still don't have a gym bag full of secrets).

Spin class isn't like riding a bicycle. I"m sure it helps tone the necessary muscles for riding bikes in the future... but spin class (at least where I go) is something more like trying to do Zumba, tie your shoe, and Run while also having to balance on a bike. It's a whole body workout that kills calories and makes me drip sweat!

Another reason I like spin is because it's tricky... Spin tricks you into not really thinking about the pain because you're too focused on getting in rhythm with the blasting music while simultaneously perfecting your form. I'm sure lots of things are possible with hip hop music blaring in the background, hill climbing on a bike with your arms over your head is just one of them.

If you have access to a spin class near you, try it. Depending on the teacher and their style I think you'll like it.


PS. Tomorrow is weigh in day. Get ready to track your process. Today is GREAT day to re-commit to keeping your goals on target! Evaluate where you are, change what you need to change and watch this for inspiration:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyYV0TBY3rU

No comments:

Post a Comment